Lonely Planet Experiences Private Beijing Insight Tour
- Blend in with the locals by taking part in their morning exercises in temple of heaven park
- Admire the magnificence of temple of heaven and learn the royal ritual sacrifice to heaven
- Explore the iconic tiananmen square and understand its local significance
- Tour the forbidden city and discover its secrets
- Indulge in a tasty, typical local lunch
- Ride the beijing subway and experience how locals travel around the city
- Climb to the top of jingshan park for great views over ancient beijing
- Each lonely planet experience comes with six-months free access to lonely planet’s guides app which includes over 8,000 destinations guides and unbeatable discounts to lonely planet guidebooks.
- Local impact: how you will help the local community by joining this tour:
- Your tour includes entrance fees to temple of heaven park and the forbidden city, fees that help preserve these sites of cultural significance.
- You will have lunch at a local restaurant that supports a family from a nearby village.
- The food you'll enjoy at lunch is made up of all local dishes using ingredients right from beijing.
During national holidays and on weekend sights in Beijing can be extremely crowded. If you wish to avoid the busiest times we recommend visiting Beijing outside of these periods or taking your Urban Adventures tour on a weekday.
IMPORTANT: Chinese law requires that all travellers must provide their name, gender, nationality, passport number and birthdate to their tour operator upon booking a tour. Failure to do so could result in a traveller not being able to join their tour, or for the entire group to be denied access to sites such as the Great Wall and the Forbidden City. When you book this tour, please be sure to fill out all fields at checkout. Please also enter your passport number into the 'Additional Information' box and bring your passport with you on the tour.
Please present your voucher to the local guide at the beginning of the trip.View Less