Lonely Planet Experiences Private Rio Tour: Corcovado, Christ the Redeemer & Farmer's Market
First off, we'll head to Christ the Redeemer for an early start and experience it from an unusual perspective and angle that only locals know. The Cristo’ statue (as it’s known by locals) was selected as one of the new Seven Wonders of the World - and you're about to see why. Our way up will take us through Tijuca National Park to reach the summit of Corcovado Mountain. Blessed by a wonderful natural...
First off, we'll head to Christ the Redeemer for an early start and experience it from an unusual perspective and angle that only locals know. The Cristo’ statue (as it’s known by locals) was selected as one of the new Seven Wonders of the World - and you're about to see why. Our way up will take us through Tijuca National Park to reach the summit of Corcovado Mountain. Blessed by a wonderful natural beauty, the views of the city down below are truly astonishing. Next, our tour will continue to a local farmer's market where we'll mingle amongst the Cariocas (local people from Rio) and try several different flavors. From exotic fruits to local savory treats, our mouth-watering experience will not only satisfy your taste-buds, but also give you many interesting insights into local life. Your tour ends here but before you go, don't forget to ask your local guide for tips on what else to see, do, and eat in the city. (If you’d prefer to travel as part of a regular group experience, please book our Corcovado, Christ the Redeemer & Farmer's Market.) This tour is priced for a minimum group size of two travellers. A solo traveller may still book this private experience but will be charged the base rate for two travellers.
- Check out the view from christ the redeemer, one of the new seven wonders of the world, first thing in the morning
- Taste unique flavors as you eat and drink your way through a local farmer's market
- Avoid long lines at corcovado and learn some tricks for getting the perfect photo in the christ the redeemer area
- Get the lowdown on the city from a local and get all the latest up to date information you won’t find in most guidebooks
- Each lonely planet experience comes with six-months free access to lonely planet’s guides app which includes over 8,000 destinations guides and unbeatable discounts to lonely planet guidebooks.
- Local impact: how you will help the local community by joining this tour:
- This tour visits a different local farmer's market each day and promotes various local family owned businesses. this boosts local production and keeps the local economy cycle healthy. highlighting local farmers' markets and responsible farming practices also helps promote a better way of growing crops.
- Your tour price includes the entrance fee to christ the redeemer, which goes towards preserving the cultural heritage of the site.
Copacabana Palace Hotel - Avenida Atlântica, 1702 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22021-001 – Right by the statue outside the hotel!
You can cancel for a full refund up to 72 hours before the start of your experience. If you do not show up for the experience or fail to cancel at least 72 hours in advance, you will not receive a refund.