Private New York: Total NYC Tour Combo 1: Tenements, Midtown & Craft Cocktails
This very special private New York City tour combines three of our favourite NYC adventures (Tenements, Tales and Tastes, Midtown Sights & Bites, and Craft Cocktail Tour), making for one massive all-day adventure! Your epic full-day NYC tour will begin in City Hall Park, the center of Lower Manhattan and one of the most historic spots in the city. From there, we’ll venture up into the Lower East Side, once New York’s poorest neighborhood...
This very special private New York City tour combines three of our favourite NYC adventures (Tenements, Tales and Tastes, Midtown Sights & Bites, and Craft Cocktail Tour), making for one massive all-day adventure! Your epic full-day NYC tour will begin in City Hall Park, the center of Lower Manhattan and one of the most historic spots in the city. From there, we’ll venture up into the Lower East Side, once New York’s poorest neighborhood but today a thriving and fashionable district with local restaurants, bars, and shops. We’ll explore its legacy as an immigrant neighborhood, visiting the Chinatown, Little Italy, and old Jewish and German quarters and stopping along the way into local shops run by members of these communities. Come hungry because we’ll sample some fantastic immigrant food as we learn about their culture and their culinary traditions, and how both have shaped the city and America as a whole. Trust us, you’re in for a feast and will get enough food that you won’t have to worry about packing along a lunch. From the Lower East Side we’ll then head up to Midtown, where we’ll take in the bright lights of Broadway. We’ll make our way across Midtown and you’ll spot several of the most famous buildings and sites in the city, including Grand Central, Rockefeller Center, and Bryant Park. Most visitors to NYC don’t realize there are loads of hidden indie shops tucked away throughout Midtown, so we’re going to give you the local treatment and stop in at a few. You’ll find out where to get the best food in Midtown so you’re not suck eating at mediocre chain restaurants. Our Midtown tour will end with a pint of local craft beer at one of our favorite bars — which is great preparation for our last activity of the day: a cocktail tour! To finish off your total NYC tour, we’ll head to the East Village, one of the main nightlife districts, to visit some of the best cocktail bars in the city. We’ll explore historic and modern speakeasies and talk about the history of the cocktail, prohibition, and gangsters. Finally, we’ll delve into the more recent craft cocktail movement that has taken the city by storm and created the best cocktail culture in the world, right here in NYC. We’ll stop at three different bars and have a cocktail at each, and by the end of it all you’ll be ready to head into the New York City night and dance until dawn! (If you’re not exhausted from so much awesome touring, that is). And throughout your entire day, all along the way, you’ll have your own private local expert guide, who will be your ultimate resource, with tips on where to eat, what to see, what not to do, and how to navigate the city for the rest of your stay in NYC. (If you’d prefer to travel as part of a regular group experience, please book our Total NYC Tour Combo 1: Tenements, Midtown & Craft Cocktails group tour.) This tour is priced for a minimum group size of two travellers. A solo traveller may still book this private experience but will be charged the base rate for two travellers.
- Discover hidden local food shops that only locals know about
- See classic nyc sites like times square, the brooklyn bridge, and grand central terminal
- Sample nyc nightlife at the best cocktail bars in the city
- See everything from major monuments to city neighborhoods
- Experience three of our top new york city tours in one great combo
- Local impact: how you will help the local community by joining this tour:
- On this tour you will learn about the importance of immigration to the city (and country) and visit immigrant owned businesses.
- Your tour promotes important cultural and historic new york foods (like a knish or bialy) that are less popular with a younger generation and are slowly dying off.
- The neighborhoods you visit are changing due to big development and large corporations, but your guide will discuss the impacts of this and focus on the importance of bringing business to the historic local businesses that are slowly disappearing due to gentrification.
- On most nights you will visit a bar that practices sustainable ideas including using paper straws and only serving vegan food.
The Fountain at City Hall Park, located at the southern end of the park (City Hall Park, Broadway, Manhattan, NY 10007)
You can cancel for a full refund up to 72 hours before the start of your experience. If you do not show up for the experience or fail to cancel at least 72 hours in advance, you will not receive a refund.